- Find scholarships that fit you best. Don't waste your time on awards you can't win.
- Write a winning scholarship essay. Our essay-writing workshop guides you step-by-step through selecting a topic, writing, and editing. See what works from 30 actual winning scholarship essays.
- Avoid costly mistakes. Through 12 essays that bombed, learn how to sidestep the mistakes that have doomed others.
- Master the interview. With comprehensive interview strategies and examples of over 20 questions and successful answers, you will ace these decision-making interviews.
- Understand what scholarship judges want. Get the indispensable advice of dozens of scholarship judges.
- Be inspired by students who won over $3 million. Meet winners who share the strategies they used to win such scholarships as: Rhodes, Truman, Coca-Cola, Target All-Around, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Rotary, Optimist International, Association for Women in Science, National Merit, Dow, CIF Scholar-Athlete Of The Year, Fulbright, Gates and more!
- 256 pages
- Click to Get Special Amazon Price
In this important resource, 30 real, winning scholarship essays are analyzed, revealing what makes them successful and how they fit the judges' criteria. Essays and interviews are the two components of scholarship competition that often determine the award's recipient, yet most books on scholarships simply provide a directory of awards. This book includes sample interview questions and answers, along with strategies to help students overcome nervousness and be more prepared. Roundtable panels of judges and applicants supply further inside information regarding the winning qualities sought after by award-giving organizations. Advice for finding scholarships—using books, the Internet, personal connections, and sources in the community—is covered. These tips are especially valuable in an era where private education tops more than $100,000, and most of the 15 million college students in the U.S. are in need of financial help.Table of Contents
1. The Secret to Winning a Scholarship
2. Where to Find Great Scholarships
3. Judges' Roundtable: Inside the Selection Process
4. Essay Writing Workshop
5. 30 Winning Scholarship Essays
6. 12 Essays That Bombed
7. Judges' Roundtable: The Scholarship Essay
8. Winning Interview Strategies
9. Real Interview Questions and Answers
10. Judges' Roundtable: The Interview
11. Final Thoughts
Appendix A. Scholarship Directory
Appendix B. Web Resources
"This how-to book is full of good advice for college-bound students. . . . An excellent guide for all students who are hoping to continue their education." —School Library Journal
"Sound advice for the college bound, and useful for counselors as well as for libraries." —KLIATT
"A wealth of tips, tricks, techniques, advice, and useful strategies...absolute 'must-read' for anyone interested in competing for scholarship funds." —Bookwatch
How to Write a Winning Scholarship Essay
By: Gen & Kelly Tanabe
Special Amazon Price: Click to View